Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What Is My Place In God's World?

Today, just a short excerpt from Deepening the Colors:  Life Inside the Story of God, by Sydney J. Hielema.

I appreciate this excerpt because it deals with the idea of questions.  We don't have to have everything in our lives figured out all of the time.  We can ask questions, and more questions and wrestle with them as we grow in our faith and in discovering who we are.

"The purpose of this book is to explore questions like, 'What is my place in God's world?' and 'What am I called to do and be, and how do I know?'  These questions often take us through fogs of confusion, and they also drive us to our knees.  But Jesus does not usually answer our prayers with a great light that instantly melts away our fog.  His way tends to respond to our questions with more questions, deeper questions, questions that expand our range of vision as though he is taking us up in an airplane to help us see the bigger picture, the bigger questions.  The question 'What is my place in God's world?' is a bit like asking, 'How does the one piece of the jigsaw puzzle that is my life fit into this multimillioned piece picture?' (pages 2-3).

Have you found your place?  Or are you still searching?

No comments: