Pages

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Update on Study Guide: Called to Influence

Way back in October of 2012, I let you know about a study guide I was writing to use in a Sunday school class at church.  Today, I printed it, copied it, put it in folders, put labels on the folders, and set it out with a sign-up sheet.  It's done.   Well, done for now.  I hope that as we go through the class, I'll be able to see what works and what doesn't work and get some good feedback from the participants.

This is the outline of it:

Called to Influence:  Women in Leadership in the Bible and the Church

  • Session 1:  Calling, Gifts, & Gender
  • Session 2:  Wisdom
  • Session 3:  Women of Influence
  • Session 4:  Prophets
  • Session 5:  Jesus & Women
  • Session 6:  The New Testament Church
  • Session 7:  Leadership
  • Session 8:  Recap & Reflection
I'm anticipating it to go well, but I'm also anticipating finding things I can change and ways I can make it better.  I am amazed at how much effort I put into it and am so in awe of those of you who have written full length books.  Especially those of you who are also moms.  

I am thankful to those of you who were influential in inspiring me to write it in the first place.  

No comments: