Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Worth Reading Wednesday

Due to my mini-vacation last week and my older son being done with preschool and home all the time now, I've done little reading so this week's installment of "Worth Reading Wednesday" will be fairly short.

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
A beautiful story about faith and life and two very different lives of two very different people.  It's an easy and compelling read.

How I Changed My Mind About Women in Leadership, edited by Alan F. Johnson
I've only read two of the stories in this book so far (and I'm actually skipping around and not reading them in order), but they were both refreshing and honest.  It is good to see people looking beyond gender and strict interpretations of Biblical verses to seeing what God calls people to do regardless of gender.  Some of the contributors to the book include Tony Campolo, Bill and Lynne Hybels, John and Nancy Ortberg, and Ronald J. Sider.

This article, How to Discover Your Passion, was something I just read this morning.  The author writes "You can have an exceptionally honed set of skills, but without passion, your skills will yawn with boredom. You’ll scratch your head and wonder, “Is this all there is?”"  I know that I have felt this way multiple times in the past, and when passions and skills finally come together, it is difficult to imagine going back to doing something that I am not passionate about.


No comments: