Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Worth Reading Wednesday...on Thursday: the Sovereignty of God

For today--er--yesterday's edition of "Worth Reading Wednesday", I want to highlight a series that Ed Cyzewski did on the topic of God's sovereignty.

We all wonder what elements of life that God does or does not control, what God chooses to do and what God allows us to choose to do.  Ed walks us through some of the issues and questions.

Did God Do That?  Announcing a New Series

Did God intend for me to write this blog post?  I’m not so sure about that, and that partially is what this new series is all about.  Christians have a habit of saying things like:

  • “It was all just God’s timing…”
  • “This is his plan, not mine…”
  • “It just wasn’t God’s will…”

While there are points in my life where I genuinely sensed that God was intervening in my life in order to lead me in a particular direction, there have been plenty of times when I’ve also figured that, simply by default, God must be up to something.

My question is this: what if we’re attributing the wrong things to God?

The other posts in the series are as follows:

Did God Do That?  Calvinism Is Not the Problem.
Did God Do That?  How Do We Pray and Make Decisions?
Did God Do That?  A God Who Controls the Future--Sometimes
Did God Do That?  Why Jesus Told Us to Pray
Did God Do That?  Why We Can't Systematize God
Did God Do That?  Why It's Hard to Write About God's Sovereignty
Did God Do That?  When You Choose the Wrong Path
Did God Do That?  What I Didn't Understand About God
Did God Do That?  How to Make Big Decisions With a Sovereign God

No comments: