Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Worth Reading Wednesday

I can't believe it's Wednesday already!  I'm apparently still not quite back into my reading and writing groove  (am I the only one who is not crazy about it being summer and looking forward to school starting in the fall?) but here are a few good things I have read this week:

My First Time:  A Tale of Planned Parenthood by Dianna E. Anderson
Dianna goes to Planned Parenthood for an annual exam for the first time to see what it is really like there.

Complementarianism and Hierarchy Outside the Home and Church by Rachel Held Evans
Rachel explores what women can and can't do based on a scale in the book Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood by John Piper and Wayne Grudem.  Apparently, Deborah in the Bible is actually going against God's order.

An Atheist Blogger Converts to Catholicism by Leah Libresco
Leah Libresco was a popular atheist blogger who recently has decided to convert to Catholicism.

Seriously?  Cut Global Poverty in Half? by Sandra Glahn
Sandra writes about a film called Isaiah 58 and organizations that are involved in helping to decrease global poverty.


No comments: