Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's a Rainy Day


Rainy days have always brought this song from Sesame Street (when I was a kid), to my mind.  I love rainy days, often more than I like beautiful, sunny days.

Now, though, as I have become aware that rainy days in Haiti are a cause for worry and fear beyond what I can imagine, days like this will bring my thoughts there, hoping that the spread of cholera can be prevented.

The Haiti Mission Project has a goal of raising $6,000 to send Aqua Tabs to Haiti in order for people to be able to drink and use clean, uninfected water.  As of today they are just past the halfway point in their goal.  Please consider if you can contribute even a small amount.  You can donate directly to the Haiti Mission Project's Safewater Project through their website:  http://haitimissionproject.org/water.  You can also read their updates on Facebook.


No comments: